Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

trackstar21
Beginning Contributor

USA
12 Posts

Posted - June 02 2010 :  4:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi

I am looking for someone to run with during the week in the evenings or weekend mornings.  I am an experienced runner.  Open for whatever, but would like it to be in the Milwaukee/Wauwatosa area.  Can be a group or one person!  Thanks!

Jesalyn

RBDetails
Beginning Contributor

13 Posts

Posted - June 04 2010 :  11:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too will be looking for a partner once I get through an injury. I am in Tosa also.
Go to Top of Page

gottarun78
Beginning Contributor

3 Posts

Posted - June 06 2010 :  3:58:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live in Franklin but I would love to find a running partner. I am coming off of ankle surgery but I just did 10 miles on Friday. I was supposed to run Grandma's Marathon in Superior, MN in two weeks but that one is out of the question. I am however signed up to run the Lakefront Marathon again. I have been running around 9 min mile. So nothing quick. Doing tempo and speed work also. I would love to atempt to qualify for Boston : ) Please email me at gottarun78@yahoo.com if you want to possibly meet up sometime. Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

LFM RD
Regular

30 Posts

Posted - June 07 2010 :  07:50:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a group that has met at Hansen Park golf shack at 8:30 Sunday morning for about 40 years - the Zoo Run group.  The group ranges from 3:10 marathoners to 6 hours plus and ages from 30 to 87.  The course is 8 miles and goes through the Zoo (hence the name).  Also breakfast at City Market after.  Anyone is welcome - however, if you arrive at 8:31 you'll probably be running alone.
Go to Top of Page

gottarun78
Beginning Contributor

3 Posts

Posted - June 07 2010 :  3:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
May I ask where Hansen Park is located?
Go to Top of Page

trackstar21
Beginning Contributor

USA
12 Posts

Posted - June 07 2010 :  5:27:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I would like to know where Hansen Park is too!  But I am not a marathon runner, I am more of a 5k racer, so my pace is a bit different.  I guess it shouldn't matter, I just want to run with somebody!

Jesalyn
Go to Top of Page

trackstar21
Beginning Contributor

USA
12 Posts

Posted - June 07 2010 :  5:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gottarun78:  We could definitely meet up to run...I live in tosa though!  But I am sure we can figure something out!

Jesalyn
Go to Top of Page

trackstar21
Beginning Contributor

USA
12 Posts

Posted - June 07 2010 :  5:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh I know where that is, is that on swan blvd?

Jesalyn
Go to Top of Page

trackstar21
Beginning Contributor

USA
12 Posts

Posted - June 07 2010 :  5:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RBDetails: I have a bit of a knee injury myself...but I still run. But when you do get over your injury let me know we should all meet up and run together!

Jesalyn
Go to Top of Page

gottarun78
Beginning Contributor

3 Posts

Posted - June 07 2010 :  7:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jesalyn: I have parked in the VA Hospital on Greenfield and run NE towards Miller Park and then east on Canal Street towards the Harley Museum. It is about 5 miles round trip. It is pretty scenic and there are plenty of people and cars that take this route. Email me if you can and we can talk further. gottarun78@yahoo.com Thanks!! Laurie
Go to Top of Page

RBDetails
Beginning Contributor

13 Posts

Posted - June 08 2010 :  10:24:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Jesalyn, it may be a bit, as I am dealing with a stress fracture. Please keep me in the loop, I really could use a partner.

Go to Top of Page

David Mentjes
Beginning Contributor

USA
1 Posts

Posted - June 19 2010 :  12:29:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If any of you are still looking for people to run with, feel free to e-mail me at dmentjes@wi.rr.com
I live in West Allis and am always looking for others to run with.  Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the Hansen Park run on Sunday.  Sounds like a good time :)
Go to Top of Page

mdanko
Beginning Contributor

2 Posts

Posted - July 29 2010 :  12:43:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Early 30's female new to area and looking for running partner or group. Schedule is flexible but prefer early morning/morning or evening runs. Pace approx 9-10 min/mile. Distace: regular runs of 3.5-5 miles with occassional longer runs of 7-10 miles. Hoping to run 3 days/week minimum.

Email if this sounds like a good fit.
Thank you.

Melissa

Go to Top of Page

love2runatleast1
Beginning Contributor

2 Posts

Posted - September 14 2010 :  9:21:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be happy to join anyone and everyone for their runs. Currently training for the Whistlestop Marathon in Bayfield/Ashland WI. I have been training with the lakefront group. I am currently having difficulties with my right knee, but have high hopes that it will get better and I can run my race. I live in Tosa. love2runatleast1@gmail.com is my email.

Let me know when folks are running! :D
Liz
Go to Top of Page

Brian42k
Beginning Contributor

10 Posts

Posted - January 20 2011 :  08:34:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just moved to Wauwatosa and live in the LDW neighborhood (about 1 mile NW of the Village) on Richmond Ct. An easy run for me is 8 min pace, but I am happy to step it up every now and then when I can (7 min pace), although since moving to the Wisconsin winter I am not feeling all that speedy. Mainly, I am looking for good conversation, good humor, sometimes pointless arguments and a set running time to get me out in the mornings (maybe nights too). I see plenty of you out there on the parkway in the morning…anyone interested? savoiebrian@msn.com

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

znelwonders
Beginning Contributor

USA
4 Posts

Posted - February 08 2011 :  7:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I am looking for running partner(s) in Franklin or around the area. Is there any one running Sat or Sun‘s at about 9 min pace(when up to speed).
Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Graffiti Board © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07
This site is powered by Titan Hosted CMS