Club Championship
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dennis Shoemaker
Regular

22 Posts

Posted - November 09 2011 :  8:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have recently taken over the Club Championship Program.
First, I intend to have the 2011 results done, on a preliminary basis, very soon. Look for them on the website.
Second, I am concerned with the participation levels and would like to get your comments on the program:
• Are you now in the program?
• Have you participated recently?
• If not, why not? (Didn’t know there was one and Penguin slow are among the acceptable reasons.)
• What can be done to improve the program and get you to enter in 2012?
You may reply here or to me directly at dshoemaker@wi.rr.com. All email comments will be confidential.

Rich M
Beginning Contributor

USA
17 Posts

Posted - November 15 2011 :  9:19:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dennis: Thanks for taking this on.

I think most members do not realize that in most categories, if you had run the required minimum number of events in 2011 you would be earning an award regardless of your times. It‘s actually easier for a mid-pack runner to get a Club Championship award than it is to place in a single race.
Go to Top of Page

Beth
Contributor

63 Posts

Posted - November 16 2011 :  2:55:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To address your questions:
• Are you now in the program? No.
• Have you participated recently? Never.
• If not, why not? (Didn’t know there was one and Penguin slow are among the acceptable reasons.) I am a doofus AND slow AND did not know there was one.
• What can be done to improve the program and get you to enter in 2012? Not sure the program needs any improvement; however, I do need to get off my lazy a$$ and sign up next year.

Hey, after my triumphant AG first in the “Combined Challenge” at St. Jerome‘s this past weekend (solely b/c I was the ONLY female in that particular age group!), I’m up for anything!

Edited by - Beth on November 16 2011 2:59:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jeffreycpa
Beginning Contributor

14 Posts

Posted - January 29 2012 :  7:24:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just finished the 10k expo run today in 24/24 runners in my age group. I also should be winning 1st place in the long distance club championship for my age group in 2011 because I‘m the only one who ran the required 3 races and was signed up. That’s how easy the club championship can be. You get a really cool plaque for this with your name on it along with the year and what you won. Well worth it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Graffiti Board © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07
This site is powered by Titan Hosted CMS